Got a Great Idea, but Need Help? Well there is Help, You Just Need to Look!
27 March 2012
Author: Derek Scott
Given I come into contact with all types of people on a daily basis; I am most intrigued by those with innovative and good ideas. These people I think of as Entrepreneurs or intrapreneurs. I suppose I see a little of me in those people and I like creativity and people that challenge and want to innovate. People like us always have great ideas (ok, some great, some good and a few bad); we just don't always know how to realise them. It may be knowhow, it may be mentorship, it may be financial.
I came across this great offer this week by Orange (yes, those mobile phone people), where they are offering a business/ person that has a great business idea the chance of help and support, which could be seen as the chance of a lifetime.
Orange’s Different Business Competition
Putting together your pitch, Dragon’s den style, consider:
- a business or project that is different;
- a different approach to running the business;
- a robust business model;
- a clear strategy for the project/business;
- evidence of a market for the project/business;
- a pitch that demonstrates you have the necessary skills to succeed;
- the business plan makes financial sense, will be profitable and has been well thought through; and
- an idea that is worth funding and could be the UK's next different business.
- business planning advice and mentoring from Kingston Smith;
- mobile communications devices and plans from Orange;
- marketing consultancy from Publicis Chemistry;
- legal advice from Lewis Silkin; and
- investment capital.
All worth up to £200,000!
For more information about Orange's Different Business Competition visit www.winyourbusiness.com. Make your own luck and go for it!
If you do not win and you have a great business idea, then we are always willing to have a chat with you, and you never know we may be willing to invest in you and your idea. Feel free to call me or Bill Wynn on 0118-952-2240 to dsicuss your idea or email me.