How Employers are Using Social Media to Find out About You?
05 June 2012
Author: Bill Wynn
Came across this post recently by the Undercover Recruiter, titled: "How Social Media Can Help You Find Graduate Jobs". It highlights how employers are using social media more and more to check you out! Did you know that hiring managers will use social media for the following reasons:
- 65% see if you present yourself professionally.
- 51% check out whether you are a good fit for the company culture.
- 45% want to find out more about your qualifications.
- 36% are looking to establish if you are well-rounded.
- 12% are looking for reasons not to hire you.
Which social media sites are employers looking at most?
- 65% look at Facebook
- 63% look at LinkedIn
- 17% look at various social networks
- 16% look at Twitter
Below is an infographic from Online Colleges which breaks down how employers are using social media to find young talent, and offer some handy tips on how to use your social profiles to impress potential employers.
I hope this has been helpful for you. If nothing else I hope it makes you think about what you do and do not put online.
Last of all, if you are looking for an entry-level job, Project Resource are always on the look out for ambitious people to join our team and become one of our success stories. You can also always call us and have a chat about working as part of our team. Until my next post, good luck.