|Job Title:||Civils Supervisor|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Becky Doherty|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2020 11:36|
Salary - Up to £40k per annum plus generous car allowance and fuel card
One of our key clients, a leading civil engineering and electrical construction company have an opportunity for an ambitious Civils Supervisor to join a growing team due to new contract awards.
Based in Nottinghamshire they operate throughout the UK of major road, utility and rail infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients.
Due to securing several new contract awards they have several opportunities working on telecom frameworks supporting the installation of fibre optic cables.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong management and negotiation skills, high attention to detail and able to resolve complex conflict as well as high level organisation and time management abilities.
- Completing daily audits (MWorker - live and retro), analysing and feeding back results to operational managers including, Project Manager, and taking action where required.
- Ensuring works are to the correct specifications including documenting and taking pictures, where required
- Having overall responsibility for the site set-up and ongoing maintenance, with a strong focus on NRSWA compliance
- Understanding permit/noticing requirements and ensure these are adhered too
- Working closely with our client's field operations teams
- Dealing with members of public in a polite and professional manner
- Reviewing plans and ensure all documentation is available as required (utility stats, clear engineering drawings, etc)
- Timely communication and updates with the Management team, including reporting of any changes or deviations from plans
- Accurate measures of work undertaken
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build drawings
- Early identification of problematic issues on site, and timely reporting of these
- Managing and ensuring adherence to the CDM guidelines specific to supervisor responsibilities
- Promoting Near Miss and Positive Intervention reporting
- Detailed investigations of any utility strikes
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes and or requirements are reported to the Project Manager
- Uploading documents to Comex or the client's systems, in line with project requirements.
- Supervising any Traffic Management requirements
- Understanding client KPIs and SLAs and mitigate any risk
- Collaboration with internal teams, client and local authorities.
Essential Competencies and skills:-
- NRSWA Level 10-16
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- Excellent organisational and communications skills
- Sound IT skills and ability to learn new systems quickly
If you would like more information on the on the civils supervisor position or any other vacancy please email your current CV through to email@example.com where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is shortlisted for this position.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's