|Job Title:||Commissioning Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Matt Woodall|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2020 07:50|
My client works in partnership and collaboration with their customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK.
Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commissioning Engineer / manager in the Severn Trent area. Reporting to the Contracts Manage and, supporting the Project Delivery Team, you will be involved in the commissioning of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry. What you'll be doing day to day
- Contribute to the preparation of Commissioning Plans
- Preparation of Commissioning Documentation including Commissioning Manuals, Inspection & Test Plans, Inspection & Test Reports and Training Manuals.
- Reviewing P&ID diagrams and provide strategies to commission plant and equipment into existing processes in line with client specifications without compromising process and reducing risks.
- Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant.
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
- The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment, including:
- Motor Control Centres o Pumping Plant o Process Equipment o Standby Generation Equipment o Various Instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage.
- Undertake or supervise the NICEIC electrical installation testing to C& G 2391 as requested.
- Demonstration of commissioned plant to our clients representatives to gain plant sign off prior to takeover.
- Undertaking client training covering both operational and technical competencies.
- Completion of commissioning records and diaries ensuring that all progress and equipment settings are recorded for the O&M manuals.
- Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction.
- Assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specifications. The Experience Required For The Position
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries on SEMD frameworks
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Blue Water hygiene card Personal Attributes Required for the role
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines What Is On Offer To The Successful Candidate On a freelance basis the daily rate is £320 / £350 per day.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's