Electrical Associate Engineer
|Job Title:||Electrical Associate Engineer|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£80000 - £100000 per annum + full company benefits|
|Contact Name:||Dan Risby|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2021 10:01|
Electrical Associate Engineer
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 per annum + company benefits
Job Ref: DR71166
A global Engineering, Procurement, and Construction firm, relatively new to the United Kingdom, have secured multiple contracts with various DNOs resulting in the need to hire multiple Associate level Electrical Design Engineers to help deliver multiple hyper-scale Data Centre projects, in and around London.
Associate Electrical Engineer Duties:
- Lead a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
- Client facing with the ability to discuss and agree client requirements.
- Attend meetings and be able to lead presentations.
- Manage project costs within fee budgets.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Work independently and as part of a global project team.
- Personal professional development and partaking in professional bodies and industry groups.
- Advise clients regarding electrical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Designing electrical systems/equipment to meet client requirements.
- Peer review electrical designs and specifications of equipment or systems.
- Developing concept studies and designs.
- Provide written reports of system options.
- Write specifications for electrical systems.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines including Architect and Structures.
- Enforce standards and practices.
- Prepare calculations and technical/equipment specification documentation.
- Monitor installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Health & Safety compliance and preparation of associated safety documentation, e.g., pre-construction information documents.
Associate Electrical Engineer Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of related Electrical design experience.
- Knowledge of electrical design principles, IEE regulations, standards, and codes
- Have working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Have working knowledge of Electrical and lighting calculation software.
- Data centre or telecommunication facility experience and knowledge of critical facility electrical design.
- Experience at Concept design level to assist with the development of data centre masterplans.
- Ability to write specifications for electrical equipment, devices, and materials.
- Familiarity with other building systems and coordination with those systems and components.
- Membership of relevant industry body, e.g., IET or CIBSE
To apply for the position of Electrical Associate Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.