Electrical QA/QC Engineer
Salary: €60,000-€80,000 + Accommodation, Allowance, Travel
Job Reference: JR71559
Electrical QA/QC Engineer Job Profile:
A tier-1 main contractor is looking for an Electrical QA/QC Engineer to join their team working on data centre construction projects in Sweden local to Stockholm.
This main contractor has several projects in the area in addition to having many projects across several countries in Europe, so there is a lot of longevity and stability of work for the successful Electrical QA/QC Engineer.
Rotation for this position is offered on a 3, 1 basis with three weeks in-country and a long weekend home. Your accommodation, a generous tax-free living allowance, and all travels expenses will be provided. The right to work in Sweden is required for you to be eligible for this position.
Electrical QA/QC Engineer Key Activities
The successful Electrical QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Align Electrical activities so they are completed in a safe manner ensuring the Health and Safety of all stakeholders is kept to the forefront of any decisions made or works executed.
- Lead by example and ensure all stakeholders are made aware of Company specific Health & Safety policies and procedures and ensure that Health & Safety forms a key part of any discussions.
- Be fully aware of and ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the existence of any hazardous energies and any site-specific management strategies (Lock Out Tag Out) around these sources of energy.
- Have a full working knowledge of the project electrical systems and equipment and to track systems installation to ensure it is compliant with specification and program needs.
- Understand project specific commissioning requirements and to assist in the development of project specific Commissioning Implementation Plans (CIPs).
- Complete site quality inspections of the Electrical & CSA works to ensure the installation conforms to relevant requirements.
- Coordinate that rooms and or areas meet the relevant CSA and MEP Quality standards and requirements for advanced Beneficial Use in line with the master construction program.
- Ensure stakeholders receive sufficient information needed to progress systems installation such that it allows for works progression in line with the master construction program.
- Ensure that contractors and vendors are adequately resourced to complete works successfully in order to streamline and prioritize the execution of electrical activities.
- Review the master construction schedule and identify opportunity and sequencing to focus on work faces in terms of electrical and CSA scope which will ultimately enhance program delivery.
- Review the site construction power system (Temporary Power) to ensure it is installed to meet ongoing construction and commissioning requirements.
- Chair and input into onsite and offsite meetings with all relevant project stakeholders as per project requirements.
- Issue weekly progress & costs report
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels.
- Review and ensure system electrical stakeholders both (internal and external) produce the following items:
- Construction and Commissioning Programs reflective of the Master Construction Schedule.
- Works execution documents and trackers.
- Equipment Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Progress reports reflective of their scope in alignment with their program.
- All relevant Field and Vendor turnover/handover packs as required by the project.
Electrical QA/QC Engineer Specification
The following will be required of the Electrical QA/QC Engineer:
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects is strongly preferred
- Prior experience working for a main contractor or M&E contractor
Electrical QA/QC Engineer Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Electrical QA/QC Engineer will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field
- Preferably trades or engineering background
To Apply for the position of Electrical QA/QC Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.