|Job Title:||HSE Lead|
|Salary:||£650 - £850 per day|
|Start Date:||January 2021|
|Contact Name:||Dan Risby|
|Job Published:||November 09, 2020 22:48|
Rate: £650 up to £800 per day, or equivalent €Euro
Job Ref: DR70572
A new requirement for a HSE Lead to work client side for an American technology giant, overseeing the construction of a new hyper-scale data centre campus, as well as multiple future upgrades and extensions based in the Netherlands.
The client ideally seeks an experienced HSE construction professional, who can be based permanently in the Netherlands, however for the right candidate they will consider monthly rotation with accommodation assistance. Although this Senior HSE Manager position is offered on a day rate, it is to be considered long term and secure.
Only Data Centre project experienced Health & Safety professionals will be considered due to the critical nature, and size of the projects. Client-side experience is ideal, however the client is happy to consider experienced and qualified Senior Health & Safety professionals, who currently work contractor or consultancy side.
- To act as the owner's representative in a Lead EHS capacity for all data centre construction activities on site.
- Routinely monitor the Contractors EHS performance to ensure the contractor is in compliance with their states practices and procedures, regulatory requirements and any other additional expectations and deliverables which have been identified in the contract of EHS schedule.
- Interface and support the construction management team on site by delivering current data on contractor Health & Safety performance.
- Chair Safety meetings to ensure relevant HSE information is communicated across the site.
- Ensure a weekly site safety walk with the contractor and safety rep.
- Act as coach and advisor to the contractor safety committee.
- Evaluate the completeness and effectiveness of the contractor's hazard assessments (RAMS, JHAs, ARTs, etc.)
- Conduct the monthly contractor HSE audit.
- Assist in design reviews throughout the life cycle planning, as requested/required.
- Evaluate and audit site specific safety plan to conformance to project manual requirements
- Understand and ensure operational EHS requirements are adhered to.
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in a Health & Safety / SHE / HSE capacity, within the construction industry.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a Health & Safety role, overseeing large value technical construction projects.
- Must have recent Data Centre project experience (gained in the last 7 years).
- Must be a member of IOSH, ideally Chartered. Other Health & Safety institution memberships, such as MIRSM and MIRCA, will be considered.
- Ideally a degree holder in a relevant field, however relevant working experience will be considered.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other Data Centre construction opportunities, please contact one of the Critical Systems team at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.