Mechanical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£250 - £400 per annum + Accommodation and Travel|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 14:17|
Mechanical Project Engineer
Contract: 3-6 months
Rate: £250 - £400 per day + accommodation + flights
Job Ref: HH69744
Rotation: 10 day in country / 4 days home
A multinational General Contractor seeks an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join a large team of M&E Project Engineers and Project Managers out on site in Finland completing ongoing works for a hyper-scale data centre site.
For the duration of the 3-6-month contract (with a potential to extend), a day rate will be paid with accommodation and travel included on top. This Mechanical Project Engineer opportunity is offered on a 10/4 basis with 10 days spent in country, 4 days home. The successful Mechanical Engineer must be experienced in all Mechanical systems with experience on HVAC. Data Centre project experience is ideal but not essential. The client will consider any Mechanical Project Engineer with experience on other critical system projects or projects with heavy HVAC systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The Mechanical Project Engineer will:
- Develop Project Execution strategies.
- Develop site logistics (demobilisation / mobilisation) plans.
- Develop and implement Project Schedules in accordance with key milestones, co-ordinating with all trades and Mechanical works.
- Review, sign-off and implement Project Quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement Project EHS Management plan.
- Management and motivation of Project construction and Engineering teams.
- Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
- Weekly internal team, supplier and sub-contractor meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance.
- Attendance at client / project management meetings.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and supplier senior management at steering group level to avoid project roadblocks.
- Ongoing liaison with design teams and building contractor teams to ensure project performance.
Requirements of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The following will be expected of the Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Ideally 2+ years' experience as a Mechanical Project Engineer.
- Experience on technical/heavy construction projects, i.e. data centres, pharmaceutical, semiconductor plants, clean rooms, etc.
- Mechanical bias
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other specialist Mechanical Project Engineer opportunities please contact Heather Hall at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + plus bens
Project Manager(Construction Consultancy)
Coventry, West Midlands
£40000 - £50000 per annum + car allow
Senior Project Manager
£75000 - £80000.00 per annum
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£250 - £290 per day
Assistant Contracts Manager
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + car allow