|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum + Car Allowance, pension, H/C, allowance|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||October 27, 2021 08:05|
Job reference: JR190165
Salary: £50,000-£70,000 + Car Allowance, 5% matched pension, Healthcare, subsistence allowance
Planner Job Profile:
A specialist turnkey contractor is looking for a Planner to join their team working on a range of construction projects including data centres. This position is to be based in Newcastle on a permanent basis.
Planner Key Activities
The successful Planner will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop tender programmes for submissions with full logic/sequence in conjunction with preconstruction and engineering resource input
- To work from design stage through Procurement, installation to commissioning
- Work closely with designers during the design development stage and production design stages to create robust design programmes as part of the overall integrated programme
- Identify and communicate programme risks to the Project team
- Review and incorporate the subcontractors and suppliers' programmes when received, review and validate
- Liaise with the project team on resource requirements
- Baseline Management
- Check, audit and implement record-keeping basics to allow best practice programming and updates
- Maintain the As-Built Programmes (record Keeping)
- Produce auditable programming guidelines for main business activities
- Monthly check, audit, and review with Project Leads:
- For progress and client updates
- Capture cause and effect from client change
- Identify opportunities for betterment for collaboration.
- Identify impacts in the period for incremental advice to clients.
The following will be required of the Planner:
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects is desirable
- Prior experience working for a turnkey or M&E contractor is desirable
- Must have 3-8 years' experience in construction
- Experienced User of Asta Power Project and Microsoft Project
- Technical knowledge of techniques and best practices
- NEC 3 Form or contract experience is desirable
- FIDIC Form of Contract is desirable
Planner Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Planner will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field
- Strong IT Skills and Excellent communicator
To Apply for the position of Planner, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's