Principal Mechanical Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Mechanical Engineer|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£60000 - £80000 per annum + full company benefits|
|Contact Name:||Dan Risby|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2021 10:10|
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 per annum + company benefits
Job Ref: DR71170-1
A global Engineering, Procurement, and Construction firm, relatively new to the United Kingdom, have secured multiple contracts with various DNOs resulting in the need to hire multiple Principal level Mechanical Design Engineers to help deliver multiple hyper-scale Data Centre projects, in and around London.
Principal Mechanical Engineer Duties:
- Lead a team of Senior Mechanical, Electrical and PH Engineers
- Client facing with the ability to discuss and agree client requirements.
- Attend meetings and be able to lead presentations.
- Manage project costs within fee budgets.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Work independently and as part of a global project team.
- Personal professional development and partaking in professional bodies and industry groups.
- Advise clients regarding mechanical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Designing mechanical systems/equipment to meet client requirements.
- Peer review mechanical designs and specifications of equipment or systems.
- Developing concept studies and designs.
- Provide written reports of system options.
- Write specifications for mechanical systems.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines including Architect and Structures.
- Enforce standards and practices.
- Prepare calculations and technical/equipment specification documentation.
- Monitor installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Health & Safety compliance and preparation of associated safety documentation, e.g., pre-construction information documents.
Principal Mechanical Engineer Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Building Services engineering, from accredited program (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered).
- Minimum of 10 years of related Mechanical design experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles, standards, and codes
- Have working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Have working knowledge of Mechanical design calculation software.
- Data centre or telecommunication facility experience and knowledge of critical facility mechanical design.
- Experience at Concept design level to assist with the development of data centre masterplans.
- Ability to write specifications for mechanical equipment, devices, and materials.
- Familiarity with other building systems and coordination with those systems and components.
- Membership of relevant industry body, e.g., CIBSE, IMechE
To apply for the position of Principal Mechanical Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.