Project Controls Manager
|Job Title:||Project Controls Manager|
|Salary:||£600 - £700 per day|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2020 14:12|
Project Controls Manager
Job Reference: JR706222
Rate: £600 - £700 per day
Duration: 12 months initially - realistically 2-3 years
Project Controls Manager Job profile:
This is a client-side opportunity for a Project Controls Manager to join one of the world's largest tech firms on their hyperscale data centre construction project in Belgium. This is being offered, initially, on a one-year contract, but will likely be extended on for 2-3 further years throughout the build of the data centre.
Project Controls Manager Key activities
The successful Project Controls Manager candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones. (P6 cost/resource loaded schedule)
- Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs, bonds, insurance, contingencies, allowances, etc.
- Support Contractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
- Support Contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client's PM and legal counsel, including establishment of all GC "business terms" including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labour rates, escalation, etc.
- Provide / Gather cost estimates working with subs and other vendors for scope gaps/changes
- Coordinate Value Engineering effort
- Produce Cash flow projections on a monthly basis
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis
- Coordinate Value Engineering
- Budget Management and Tracking
- Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting
- Tracking of all key documents, including change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc
Close out / Fit Up
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
- Assist the client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants.
Project Controls Manager specification
The following will be required of the Project Controls Manager:
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects is desirable, but candidates whose experience includes pharmaceutical, semiconductor, or other high-tech projects will also be considered
- Strong P6 knowledge and experience
Project Controls Manager Personal Skills and Qualifications relevant to the Role
The successful Project Controls Manager will be the following:
- Well organised
- Adaptable, with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Pro-active outlook and attitude.
To Apply for the position of Project Controls Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.