|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||€80000 - €95000 per annum + Package|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2020 15:30|
Job Reference: JR70426
Salary: €80,000 - €95,000 + Package
Quality Engineer Job profile:
This role is responsible for the generation, implementation and management of the end client Quality Control Program, including the coordination, performance and execution of construction inspections and testing services through the successful delivery of commissioning and turn-over for our Sweden Data Center. The QA Engineer will work with the End Client QA/QC Program Engineer to implement an industry leading QA/QC vision and strategy and develop/enforce robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable the End Client's successful expansion.
Quantity Engineer Key activities
The successful Quality Engineer candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop/monitor quality program metrics to evaluate the project's performance. Analyze said metrics to understand the root cause of any disconcerting trends and then work with the applicable parties to correct those items.
- Contribute to building a high performing team by mentoring and developing the on-site partner construction QA/QC team.
- Develop and/or enforce robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Provide leadership to the quality team, and interface at the highest level between design, construction, and facility operations leadership as well as the general contractor.
- Provide training of personnel to ensure awareness of quality procedures and specific responsibilities in the QA/QC process.
- Audit QA/QC activities of staff and subcontractors as often and as necessary to assess conformance with the QA/QC procedures.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Develop, review and approve, if required, Level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 commissioning documentation related to product and process quality such as Construction Quality Procedures (CQPs) and checklists, technical deliverables, and test procedures and plans.
- Recommend and verify effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions for project non-conformances and quality issues, in coordination with project quality and construction management, design, engineering, and other functional disciplines.
- Review Commissioning Agent Level 1, 4, and 5 commissioning scripts and provide feedback.
- Assist End Client Construction Manager in review of Level 3, 4, and 5 Energization, Start-up, and Commissioning schedules and help ensure compliance to it.
- Help drive to closure open issues in Autodesk BIM360Field platform and escalate any outstanding open items not getting closed out in a timely manner.
- Attend factory witness tests as required for OFCI and CFCI equipment and systems.
- Provide an onsite visual inspection and/or observation for construction quality control of OFCI and CFCI equipment and systems. This Site Acceptance Inspection will be documented in BIM360Field.
Quality Engineer specification
The following will be required of the Quality Engineer:
- 5+ years' experience in quality control & quality assurance (QA/QC) programs for data centers or mission critical construction projects.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering discipline.
- Experience in personnel management and staffing and scheduling.
- Experience in civil/structural, building envelope, mechanical, electrical, and I&C disciplines.
- Experience leading QA/QC and Cx programs.
- Experience in contractor, consultant and vendor management.
- Experience in mission critical power and cooling infrastructure or other critical systems, and the ability to apply that experience to current data center challenges.
Quality Engineer Personal Skills and Qualifications relevant to the Role
The successful Quality Engineer will be the following:
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, hands-on, start-up work environment.
- Experience utilizing Autodesk BIM360 Field software (non-essential, but desired)
To Apply for the position of Quality Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the critical systems construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's