|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ben Blackwell|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2020 09:12|
Award winning housebuilder
We are currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join one of the UK's most reputable housebuilders based in their Sevenoaks office.
The business has been trading for over 60 years, during which time their attention to detail has been recognised with more than 350 awards since 2000… they hold more Housing Design Awards than any other home builder! The key area of expertise for this Housing Developer is traditional low-rise residential developments consisting of anywhere from 50 to 300 units, valued up to £150m projects.
Criteria for the Quantity Surveyor:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Quantity Surveying
- Main contractor or Housebuilder background is essential
- BSc of HND in Quantity Surveying is preferred
- Experience working on low-rise housing developments
- Longevity with previous employers
- Must be a strong team player
- The Quantity Surveyor must be professional, well presented and a clear communicator
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
Roles and responsibilities for the Quantity Surveyor:
- Assist estimator in preparation of a Commencement Budget and to advise on known and perceived risk factors to the project.
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Monitoring changes to continuously identify the status of costs.
- Reviewing and ensuring cost control procedures are implemented and adhered to by the project team.
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements, H&S and sustainability objectives.
- Liaise with the Material Buyers to enable them to prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials in liaison with the development team.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works in conjunction with the project team.
- Maintain cost reporting systems in line with Company procedures.
- Manage Subcontract packages.
- Monthly Subcontract payments.
- Complete Subcontract Final Account promptly at the earliest opportunity.
- Deal with Subcontractor disputes swiftly and diligently.
- To ensure the health and safety and insurance status of contractors is up to date.
- To directly manage the surveying function on assigned developments
The remuneration for the Quantity Surveyor £45,000 - £55,000 subject to experience. You will also receive a car allowance; company benefits and a generous bonus scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's