|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||€300 - €400 per day + Accommodation and Flights|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2021 11:15|
Job Reference: JR190135
Rate: €300-€400 per day + Accommodation and Flights
Contract Length: 60 weeks
Quantity Surveyor Job Profile:
A top tier civils contractor is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based in Belgium on a contract basis and will initially run for 60 weeks.
Rotation will be offered for the majority of the contract, but the successful Quantity Surveyor will need to remain based in Belgium for the first 2-3 months of the contract until COVID-induced flight restrictions ease. After this time rotation will be offered on a 3 weeks in-country, 1 week home basis.
Quantity Surveyor Key Activities
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Procurement of subcontract packages, predominantly civil works packages;
- Negotiating prices with suppliers and subcontractors;
- Ability to understand project budgets and award subcontracts accordingly;
- Tender analysis and vetting of potential suppliers;
- Verify information provided as part of the tender documentation;
- Tracking all price changes and updates in advance, uploading new prices onto the relevant systems, and getting sign off on all price adjustments from the Commercial Department;
- Make decisions that support cost savings, cost avoidance within the project and site requisition timelines;
- Ensure proper flow of buying documentation and information;
- Follow up on price requisitions as requested;
- Identifying potential Suppliers and liaise with both new and existing suppliers to build and maintain good working relationships with them;
- Analyse quotations thoroughly to identify and eliminate elements of risk, avoiding problems and to improve the profitability of the project;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the estimating and operation teams to clarify required materials and equipment;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Place orders with assigned suppliers at regular intervals and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders; and
- Perform other duties as requested in support of the overall operation of the department.
Quantity Surveyor Specification
The following will be required of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Prior experience working on heavy projects including data centres, pharmaceutical, utilities, etc.
- Prior experience working for a civils contractor
- Roughly 4+ years' experience in quantity surveying
Quantity Surveyor Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Quantity Surveyor will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field (Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering)
- Experience working for a civils contractor
- A valid EU passport
To Apply for the position of Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Coventry, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
Coventry, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive Benefits Package
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Competitive Benefits Package
£250 - £500 per day
£250 - £350 per day