Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum + car, pension, healthcare|
|Contact Name:||Benjamin Howells|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2019 11:38|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Housing Developer | Oxford | up to £65,000 plus package
An opportunity to take the lead on housing developments of up to 200 units each within a group that annually turns over just under £350m.
Based near Oxford, you will be working on complex projects ranging from high-spec apartments to luxury five-bedroom houses.
Your residential project experience will put you in a great position to lead and become an integral member of a commercial team full of junior Quantity Surveyors who are keen to learn.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will involve but may not be limited to:
- Prepare full enquiry packs, collate all tender information, ensure fully compliant tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
- Prepare detailed breakdowns of build costs including infrastructure costings and for appraisals on new sites/ potential bid sites.
- Prepare tender comparison sheets, including making recommendations for placing Sub-contract orders and negotiation with sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with specification and best practice.
- Produce groundwork and roads and sewers tenders and tender analysis to ensure full compliance with drawings and specification.
- Ensure new sub-contractors are communicated to Finance for upload to COINS database and that the certification is up to date.
- Liaise with the Technical and Buyer to ensure correct materials are procured in the required time frames that are both cost effective and aesthetically correct.
- Carry out drawing take-offs and produce labour only rates in liaison with the Operations Director and Commercial Department including maintaining the database as and when necessary for certain trades.
- Liaise with the Technical Department to prepare full enquiry packs for the tendering of utilities to ensure the most cost-effective solution for the site.
Requirements for this Senior Quantity Surveyor position:
- You must have UK experience working on new-build residential schemes
- You should be HNC qualified or higher in a relevant field
- Ideally you should have experience as the lead QS on residential or student accommodation projects
- Ideally experience working with housing developers
- You must be personable, articulate and confident to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
Remuneration for this Senior Quantity Surveyor position:
- Up to £65,000 salary
- Car allowance
- Fast tracked career progression
- Competitive pension
How to apply for this Senior Quantity Surveyor position:
If you are interested in this Senior Quantity Surveyor position then please apply via this job board or alternatively you can send an up to date CV to Benjamin Howells on email@example.com or call me on 0118 9522 240 .
Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's