|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Matt Woodall|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2020 07:26|
Our Client is a leading design and build contractor operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks through a number of joint ventures and alliances.
They are looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Foreman / Supervisor to be part of their Thames Water joint venture framework. You will support the Site Agent to coordinate the safe management of a section of work on major projects or control all site activities on a smaller project ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are set.
You will report directly to the Site Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and implementing all matters relating to health and safety and the environment.
- Ensuring current and future work activities are planned and resources available (plant & labour).
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identifying training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure all records for example inspections, work permits, and briefings are up to date and in place.
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Keep a full accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractor's attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client/designer/RE/project team.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Understanding and experience of construction techniques and best practices
- Relevant CSCS Card SMSTS / SSSTS and EUSR / Thames Water Passport
- Training in health & safety and environmental management
- Previous experience in a similar role within the water treatment industry
- Must be able to undertake start of work briefings, daily diaries, permits, supervise contractors and ensure compliance to Thames Water specifications
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's