|Job Title:||Assistant Buyer|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Becky Doherty|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2018 07:42|
I am working on behalf of a well-established award winning main contractor who is seeking an assistant buyer to work in Norwich.
The company is a tier one contractor and has a strong reputation as a great employer. They have an exciting portfolio of projects in the housing sector and are looking for a head buyer to lead a growing buying team.
Working within the buying team you will be part of an energetic and self-motivated environment.
Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Buyer in procurement of Services.
- Maximise profitability and minimise risk.
- Collate issue, receive and review tenders and return quotations.
- Understand drawings, specifications and techniques.
- Chair scope and review meetings with supply chain and project operations/commercial team.
- Identify and resolve deficiencies in project documentation / information such as drawings and specifications.
- Identify items of financial / contractual implications and respond appropriately.
- Act as Champion in preferred relationships.
- Detailed knowledge of COINS.
- Support the purchasing strategy.
- Provide technical advice and support.
- Ensure regular communications and development of supplier relationships.
Assistant Buyer Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience of procurement practices and processes on construction projects.
- Good level of education, ideally working towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (or equivalent).
- Computer skills (Microsoft packages).
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
Assistant Buyer Remuneration:
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 (open to discussion based on experience) plus package
Assistant Buyer Application Process:
If you would like more information on the assistant buyer position or any other vacancy please call Becky Doherty on 0121 7126600 or email your current CV through to; firstname.lastname@example.org where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is shortlisted for this position.
Apply now for further details and immediate consideration. Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.