|Job Title:||Assistant Estimator|
|Salary:||£35000 - £50000 per annum + full benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Alex White|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2017 15:43|
A main contractor operating in the London area construction market is currently seeking to recruit a Trainee Estimator. As part of a small team, this is an opportunity to add real value to a company that prides itself on their reputation to complete projects on time.
The client primarily operates in the education, healthcare and commercial sectors. And having experience in these fields will be a massive advantage.
You will be responsible for assisting the preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of construction projects across the UK.
- Examining incoming tenders and reviewing contract potential
- Measuring & 'Quantity Take-Off' from drawings
- Producing Bills of Quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
- Producing tender reports in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Hold adjudication/settlement meeting with Estimating & Operational Directors.
attending pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
Essential/desirable skills and experience.
Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
* Experienced in working with standard methods of measurement particularly SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
* Experienced in varying types of projects including bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage, RC Frames and Demolition
* You must have experience of working within a 'contractor' environment
* Sound commercial acumen
* A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
* Microsoft office proficient
* Estimating software experience preferably Causeway
* Electronic measuring experience, preferably Cadmeasure
Please submit all CV Applications via this job board or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you within 3 working days if your application has been successful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £50000 per annum
£40000.00 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + car, healthcare, pension
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum + plus benefits