Assistant Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Becky Doherty|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2020 12:44|
An established and growing groundwork sub-contractor within the Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be working on residential groundwork projects with award winning housebuilders and developers on a variety of sized projects. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with a civil engineer subcontractor.
This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing contractor, who offer an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring cost control is maintained throughout all functions.
- Assist with completing forecasts first-hand.
- Supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyors and liaising closely with the estimating department.
- Preparing sub-contract tender packages where required, carrying out comparisons and placing relevant orders.
- Collating, interpreting and analysing project commercial records.
- Supporting the Target Cost process through all key milestones.
- Helping to produce monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly project review reports.
- Identifying risks and opportunities to project, considering spend vs budgets.
- Producing impact assessments, early warnings, risk expenditure and compensation event submissions.
Previous experience required:
- Working within the Civil Engineering sector, ideally on similar groundwork projects.
- Previous experience measuring drainage, 278 works and 38 works.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
- Strong commercial, communication and IT skills.
Location: East Midlands
Salary: Up to £35,000 plus package
Please email your current CV through to email@example.com where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted withing 48 hours if your CV is shortlisted for this position.
Apply now for further details and immediate consideration.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum