Associate M&E Quantity Surveyor
Salary: upto £85,000 + comprehensive company benefits
Job Ref: SL85564
Our client is a growing and reputable global Project Management and Cost Consultancy practice who operate and invest in numerous sectors such as Data Centres, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Education, Sports, Commercial and Residential. They are now actively looking to recruit an Associate MEP Quantity Surveyor to join the Data Centre specialist team.
This leading global Project Management & Cost Consultancy practice are looking to add to their specialist Data Centre Quantity Surveyor team, to work in close contact with their clients, managing all costing aspects of a data centre construction project.
Overview of Role:
The Associate Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveyor will take responsibility for a number of data centre projects, as well as supporting the existing teams in delivering the currently running data centre projects. Largely focusing on data centre projects but may also get to work on a variety of different technical projects such as Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare, across new build and refurbishments, all of which will range from £5m to £500m in value.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Complying with established commercial/procurement/contractual strategies,
- Individually, or as part of a team, operating the processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors,
- Supporting formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required,
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team,
- Developing Commercial Strategies,
- Developing Acquisition Strategies,
- All aspects of cost planning:
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals,
- Preparation of elemental cost plans in accordance with NRM,
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies.
- Procurement activities
- Post Contract Quantity Surveying duties
The desired Associate M&E Quantity Surveyor will demonstrate a proactive and positive approach to the role, and will offer the following experience and qualifications:
- UK working experience as a Quantity Surveyor (Cost professional) with relevant experience in M&E / Building Services.
- Ideally MRICS, or professionally qualified in either a surveying or engineering discipline is acceptable.
- Technical background with a degree in quantity surveying, engineering, or another construction related subject or equivalent.
- Pre and Post contract experience ideally gained on recent and Data Centre construction projects, other technical project experience such as Pharmaceutical or Heavy Industrial will be considered.
- Cost planning and managing a design to budget experience on projects with a minimum of supervision.
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services.
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client.
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships.
To apply for the position of Associate M&E Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Sam or email a copy of your CV
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.