Associate Quantity Surveyor
City of London
Salary: £70,000 - £85,000 per annum
Job Ref: HH678753
A leading specialist construction Cost Consultancy is searching for a Associate Quantity Surveyor to join its data centre team. As the Associate Quantity Surveyor, you will initially be working on multiple large-scale data centre projects. The Associate MEP Quantity Surveyor will be based in the London office and will cover both UK and European data centre construction projects.
Role of the Associate Quantity Surveyor:
The Associate Quantity Surveyor role will involve the following:
- Responsibility for controlling costs throughout the project
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Pro-actively monitoring and managing cost variance and contract cash flow and ensuring that applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
- Represent the client by attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
- Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets
- Development of the feasibility elemental budgets and cost appraisal for various energy efficient building services recommended by the engineers to help the client understand the constraints and possible paybacks on the renewable measures
- Carrying out interim valuations, preparing the variation account; complete financial management of subcontract accounts; valuation of all additional works including additional value for management and drafting costs
- Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal team
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Actively carryout the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes
The Requirements of the Associate Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal Associate Quantity Surveyor will have:
- A minimum of 10 years' experience working as an MEP QS on construction projects in the UK.
- Preferably offer current or recent experience working as an MEP QS on Data Centre projects, but experience working on pharmaceutical or heavy industrial projects will also be considered.
- MRICS or FRICS qualified
- Ideally PQS / Consultancy side experience although contractor side MEP Quantity Surveyors with client facing experience and the ability to stakeholder manage will also be considered.
To apply for the position of Associate Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Heather Hall at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Manchester, Greater Manchester, Up to £50000 per annum + Company car/Allowance, Pension, Healthcare
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - up to £35,000 + Company Car/ Car Allo...
City of London, London, £55000 - £65000 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
Quantity Surveyor Quantity Surveyor | City of London | Main Contrac...
Woking, Surrey, £40000 - £55000 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
Quantity Surveyor Main Contractor | Surrey | £50,000 plus package A...
Chelmsford, Essex, £45000 - £55000 per annum + car, healthcare, bonus, pension
Quantity Surveyor Quantity Surveyor | Residential | Essex This five...