Associate Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Associate Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£450 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2018 12:41|
Associate Quantity Surveyor
City of London
Rate: £450 - £550 per day
Contract: 6-12 Months
Job Ref: JR659652
A longstanding and well established, globally recognised PM and Cost Consultancy is searching for an Associate Quantity Surveyor to join its data centre specialist team. As the Associate Quantity Surveyor you will be working on large, complex data centre projects throughout Europe whilst based in the City of London.
As Associate Quantity Surveyor you will head up a team of Quantity Surveyors and act as the sole point of contact for multiple clients on multiple projects. You will work on all projects right the way through from pre to post contract managing the entire process.
This is a great opportunity for an Associate Quantity Surveyor to progress their career in an exciting sector with a great consultancy. You will primarily be based in the head office in the City of London, but will have the opportunity to occasionally visit Denmark, Sweden, and Dublin for client visits.
Associate Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities and Duties
The job of the Associate Quantity Surveyor will involve the following:
- Responsibility for controlling costs throughout the project and ensuring that budgets are achieved. As Associate Quantity Surveyor you will be tasked with managing and forecasting the cash flow of the life of the project.
- Responsible for valuation and cost control of all aspects of a project, being involved in negotiation of contract sum, complete with preparation and negotiation of financial impact on base build works and preliminary costs
- Development of the feasibility elemental budgets and cost appraisal for various energy efficient building services recommended by the engineers to help the client understand the constraints and possible paybacks on the renewable measures
- Carrying out interim valuations, preparing the variation account; complete financial management of subcontract accounts; valuation of all additional works including additional value for management and drafting costs
- Helping with the training of less senior Quantity Surveyors
Associate Quantity Surveyor Requirements
The ideal Associate Quantity Surveyor:
- A minimum of 10+ years' experience working as a QS or Commercial Manager on construction projects in the UK
- Current or recent experience working on data centre projects
- MRICS qualified
- Specialism in working pre-contract will be viewed favourably, but is non-essential
- Client-facing or client side experience
- Stakeholder management experience
- Team management experience
- Ideally experience working for a PQS / consultancy, however an Associate Quantity Surveyor with a contractor background will also be considered
- Must offer flexibility to visit Denmark, Sweden, and Dublin for occasional client visits
To apply for the position of Associate Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Joe on 01189 522 240 or email a copy of your CV to
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
Up to £45000.00 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
£35000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
£28000 - £45000 per annum + car/car allowance
£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits