BMS Design Manager
|Job Title:||BMS Design Manager|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||£500 - £600 per day + Accommodation, Flights, and Expenses|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 08:29|
BMS Design Manager
Remote work from home and European Travel
Rate: £500 - £600 a day
Contract: 12 months rolling
Job Ref: JR66197
A unique, exciting, and challenging opportunity to work client side for one of the world's largest technology firms in a BMS Design Manager remit involved in some of Europe's largest Data Centre projects. The job will be a roaming position with travel across Europe to various sites as required, but with the majority of work being done remotely from home.
The role of the BMS Design Manager will be to sit within the Design Execution team and will be part of the overall capacity fulfilment team. The role of the BMS Design Manager is to oversee the development of individual data centre design packages including the permit packages, specifications, technical evaluations and construction drawings on time and on budget. The BMS Design Manager is also responsible for identifying technical challenges and working to drive solutions, develop mitigation strategies, and develop cost and schedule for such.
The client seeks a BMS Design professional who has at least 3 years design experience on data centre projects and who also has experience working in an onsite delivery remit.
- Ensure that the design team is meeting all local codes and local requirements.
- Localising the design into a site specific building design for all disciplines, developing an execution strategy, and turning over to the delivery team for construction.
- The team consists of design managers that are responsible for 1-2 full, site specific projects from concept to 100% design.
- The team works to take the model cost and schedule and localise based on early design due diligence. This is then turned over to delivery.
- The Data Centre Engineering team has SME's that are assigned to each project and also overall program SME's that the Design PM uses to drive technical decisions and track them.
- Drive design meetings and provide continual input to optimise design and minimize unnecessary work.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with the delivery Project Managers, Designers and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years design experience with BMS bias.
- Recent and multiple data centre design project experience is a must.
- Must be able to review design documentation and to be able to represent BMS in design meetings with contractors/consultancy practices.
- Must have experience in an onsite delivery remit. Applicants with a contractor background, but with experience in a client-facing role, will be well suited.
- Must be able to roam Europe and offer flexibility to travel to meetings across Europe as and when the job demands.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other BMS Design Manager opportunities in the Data Centre sector please call Joe Raymond on 01189 522240 at Project Resource or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's