BMS Design Manager
|Job Title:||BMS Design Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£10 - £600 per day + Accommodation, Flights, and Expenses|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 11:46|
BMS Design Manager
Remote work from home with European travel
Rate: £500 - £600 a day
Contract: 12 months rolling
Job Ref: JR66197
A unique, exciting, and challenging opportunity to work client side for one of the world's largest technology firms in a BMS Design Manager remit involved in some of Europe's largest Data Centre projects. The job will be a roaming position with travel across Europe to various sites as required, but with the majority of work being done remotely from home.
The role of the BMS Design Manager will be to sit within the Design Execution team to oversee all controls design and will be part of the overall capacity fulfilment team. The role of the Building Management System / Power Management System Design Manager is to oversee the development of individual data centre design packages including the permit packages, specifications, technical evaluations and construction drawings on time and on budget with regards to controls, I&C, PMS, etc. The BMS Design Manager is also responsible for identifying technical challenges and working to drive solutions, develop mitigation strategies, and develop cost and schedule for such.
The client seeks a BMS Design professional who has at least 3 years recent design experience on data centre projects in addition to seeking construction experience either gained in an onsite delivery remit or site experience gained in a Building Management System, Power Management System, Controls design role whilst working for a Design & Build contractor.
- Ensure that the design team is meeting all standards and requirements (local, Irish, US, or UK).
- Localising the design into a site specific building design for all disciplines, developing an execution strategy, and turning over to the delivery team for construction.
- The team consists of design managers that are responsible for managing the design process of Building Management Systems / all Controls concept through to installation.
- The team works to take the model cost and schedule and localise based on early design due diligence. This is then turned over to delivery.
- Drive design meetings and provide continual input to optimise design.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with the delivery Project Managers, Designers and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Hold ultimate responsibility for full review and sign off of BMS designs submitted by approved consultants.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years design experience with BMS bias gained in the UK or Ireland.
- Well versed in all aspects of BMS, PMS, I&C, FAS, PCS, CNS, and EMS.
- Recent and multiple data centre design project experience is a must.
- Must be able to comprehensively review design specification for all BMS services within a Data Centre environment.
- Must have experience in onsite delivery/construction, or site experience gained in a design role working for a Design & Build contractor.
- Must be able to roam Europe and offer flexibility to travel to meetings across Europe as and when the job demands.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other BMS Design Manager opportunities in the Data Centre sector please call Joe Raymond on 01189 522240 at Project Resource or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's