Building Services Package Manager / Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Building Services Package Manager / Project Engineer|
|Location:||Greater Manchester, England|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Karen Scott|
|Job Published:||June 23, 2020 14:17|
Building Services Work Package Manager / Project Engineer
£40K - £50K dept on experience
Lancashire / Greater Manchester
Pharmaceutical / Healthcare / Life Science
Mechanical and Electrical Project Engineer / Package Manager
My client works with world-leading organisations in the pharmaceutical, life science and healthcare sectors to create cutting-edge cleanrooms, laboratories and other sophisticated environments. Their specialist services encompass consultancy, design, construction, commissioning and validation.
You will provide support on a range of projects, and as a senior member of the team you will have close contact with the client. First and foremost this role requires someone with excellent people skills who is customer focused, and able to establish good working relationships to help foster future business.
Safety, Health and the Environment
You should have a good knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice and will work as part of the project team to ensure our work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Preparation of design and construction programmes
- Ensure projects are delivered on time
- Liaise with relevant members of the project team to discuss and agree programme requirements
- Maintain strict cost control from procurement through to handover
- Organisation and management of sub contractors to meet project time scales
- Negotiate and agree 'best price' procurement of suppliers and sub contractors
- Set and maintain high standards of workmanship during construction
- Attend site meetings with the client and our site teams
- Preparation of quality and safety plans
You will need to assist the Site Manager to ensure that the quality and standard of work for the complete installation meets the high expectations of the client.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services, excellent knowledge of both Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely.
- Although you will be experienced in delivering projects in your core skill, experience in the delivery of turnkey projects is also required
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
- Minimum 10 years experience in industry.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Project Manager(Construction Consultancy)
Coventry, West Midlands
£27000 - £30000 per annum + car allow
Up to £50000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
£230 - £250 per day
£210 - £240 per day
£250 - £275 per day