The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple sites in all procurement in relation sub-contract packages within a construction or civil engineering working environment. He/she will source both nationally and internationally, negotiating with existing and new suppliers. Cost reduction, quality, innovation, collaboration, risk and opportunity are key parameters of this role.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement robust supply chain relationships to support business and project goals.
- Pre-construction involvement in design meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty, supply chain development. Conduct pre-start meetings with supply chain and Internal Team.
- Work closely with project delivery and commercial team to ensure that the procurement requirements are achieved.
- Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for subcontract packages, timely and effective processing of requisitions.
- Contribute to, interrogate and develop commercial approach into working practices and deliver successful outcome.
- Identify risk and set in place strategy for management and minimisation of risks at task level.
- Tendering, negotiation and placement of sub-contract orders, chairing meetings when relevant, management and resourcing of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Perform value engineering to meet budgets at pre and post contracts and cost saving initiative.
- Composing tender lists and action all tendering requirements from feasibility through to implementation.
- Complete analytical comparisons of tender returns and making recommendations on awarding work.
- Engage in pre-contract negotiation with subcontractors, involving construction, commercial and other stakeholders.
- Contract preparation and delivery to sub-contractors.
This role will be based at our Hertfordshire Office. The successful candidate will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by Management.
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Full Driving License.
- Professional Qualification such as CIOB, RICS, RIBA or APM
- Appropriate and Valid CSCS Card