Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + Car Allowance + Travel Allowance + Discretionary Bonus + Pension (5% matched)
Job Ref: JR67936
A specialist D&B Contractor offering clients a turnkey solution through the design and build of Critical Systems facilities throughout the UK and Europe is now seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join the business and head up a team of Quantity Surveyors working from their head office in Gatwick.
This position will see you working on fast-paced, live environment projects in sectors such as data centre, banking (trading floors), airport, and more high-margin construction projects.
The position for Commercial Manager is ideal for either an ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for their next step up, or an existing Commercial Manager looking for the opportunity to work in a more hands-on capacity whilst still managing a team.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Manager
Key Responsibilities for the Commercial Manager:
- Management of commercial team
- Line manager for QS and bid team resource
- Responsible for recruitment of staff (FTE or contract) to meet project workload
- Training management of commercial team
- Commercial team responsibilities
- CVR accounting of construction projects
- Project cashflow management and reporting
- Project performance forecasting
- Client and Subcontractor Monthly Applications
- Variation and Site Instruction Management
- Supply chain management
- Pre-start commercial meetings with supply chain
- Final project account management
- RFP and bid management
- Collation of design documentation and issue to supply chain
- Assist sales team with pricing element of project work
- Management of quotes ready for bid submission
- Evaluation of supply chain quotes for final review and selection
- Contract management
- Review of client contracts (familiarity with JCT, NEC essential)
- Review of sub-contractor contracts
- Responsible for formal contractual documentation (EOTs, Early Warning Notices, etc)
Commercial Manager Requirements
The following will be required of the Commercial Manager:
- MEP bias or heavy involvement with MEP on critical projects
- Experience working on live environments
- Experience working on data centre, pharmaceutical, heavy industrial, airport, banking (trading floors), Oil & Gas, or other heavy MEP live environments is essential
- Previous experience with JCT and NEC forms of contract
To apply for the position of Commercial Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Crawley, West Sussex, £70000 - £80000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + 5% Pens + Travel
Commercial Manager Crawley Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + Car Allowanc...
MEP Commercial Manager
City of London, London, £60000 - £70000 per annum + Car Allowance, Healthcare, Pension
MEP Commercial Manager City of London Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + C...
MEP Commercial Manager
City of London, London, £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
MEP Commercial Manager City of London Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + B...
Senior MEP Commercial Manager
City of London, London, £70000 - £80000 per annum + Car Allowance + Pension + Bonus + H/C
Senior MEP Commercial Manager City of London Salary: £70,000-£80,00...