|Job Title:||Commercial Manager|
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum + benefits and bonus|
|Contact Name:||Ben Blackwell|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2018 17:09|
Market leading construction specialist.
£65K - £75K subject to experience
Exciting opportunity for a commercial Manager to join a major lifts & escalators subbie as they continue to diversify and grow. You will be joining the Major Projects team as the Commercial Manager, tasked with running a team of surveyors.
Depending on your location we are happy for you to be based in Surrey or central London
- Identify and mitigate all commercial risks to the sales and fulfilment teams.
- Identify and maximise all commercial opportunities within the projects and service environment to maximise both margin and profitability.
- Ensure full commercial compliance and governance to full approval
- Provide commercial reports to key stakeholders both clients and internally.
- Development of budgets and proposals for the client ensuring value for the client while still meeting the team margin target.
- Management of all contracts and suppliers engaged in project works including performance reviews / KPI's and rebate agreements.
- Balance the longer term strategic goals with the short-term business performance.
- Act as a key commercial interface between the delivery teams and the procurement/sub-contractor base
- Lead and Manage the Quantity Surveying team
- Ensure cash targets are hit through maximising payment milestones for projects in the sales/tender approval and through application/certification of Project works from Clients. Strive for WIP/DP coverage >100%
- Protect and enhance original contractual margin expectations throughout delivery phase of project
- Effectively manage the Final Account phase of works to comply with Client targets for capitalisation
- Regularly review and challenge CVO's and NCVO's from project delivery teams and QS's to ensure effective commercial management and margin maximisation of all projects.
- All employees are required to work in accordance with established Company Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current UK legal requirements and Schindler Group safety requirements.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Balances the longer term strategic goals with the short-term business performance. Is attentive to the bigger picture
- Strong construction and service contract knowledge to administer multiple contracts at any one time
- Relationship Management - able to both develop and manage internal and external relationships which support the delivery of the UKC strategy and tactical objectives
- Is change orientated (drives change) and seeks to make improvements in business process and activity at every opportunity (materiality has a bearing). Active not passive. Open to new ideas.
- Can harness the involvement and contribution of colleagues and suppliers in the fulfilment of objectives associated with a robust and effective end to end business process
- Administratively sound and lean
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation. Able to retrieve negative situations and further enhance positives.
What's on offer?
- Up to £75K package.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Generous bonus scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£52000 - £55000 per annum + Car Allowance, Pension, Other Benefits
East Midlands, England
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Salford, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum