Position: Commercial Manager
Package: £70,000 DOE + car/allowance
An exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager has arisen in Newcastle with a well-respected Tier 1 national Contractor.
Responsible for all commercial aspects of a large contract turning over in excess of £10m per annum.
Understand the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level within the customer's business industry / sector.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Anticipate and plan change in commercial resource within a project to meet changing demands
* Support and react positively to organisational change
* Provide commercial support to tendering process
* Prepare commercial report for tenders
* Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
* Monitor and manage subcontract costs to ensure that the project meets and / or exceeds targets
* Ensure material wastage reconciliations are completed and the data used for cost reduction
* Monitor resources and costs to ensure that the project meets and / or exceeds targets, including but not limited to the scheduling of labour resources
* Review plant and equipment schedules to ensure efficiency of use
* Assist and provide advice on programmes regarding the contractual and commercial requirements to mitigate risk, and maximize opportunity
CSCS: Construction Surveyor or equivalent required
Qualifications: Degree or HNC/D in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
Professional Membership: RICS membership desired
Relevant Experience: All commercial management responsibilities on large construction projects from commencement to completion
If you would like more information on this Quantity Surveyor position, or any other vacancy, please call Sophie Airth on 0161 241 1222 or email your current CV through to Sophie.email@example.com where it will be reviewed, and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is shortlisted for this position.
If this position isn't of suitability to you but you would like to recommend someone, please take a look at the following scheme we offer and see how it would be benefit you to refer someone to Project Resource http://www.project-resource.co.uk/contractors/referral-scheme
Apply now for further details and immediate consideration. Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business
MEP Commercial Manager
City of London, London, £50000 - £65000 per annum + car allowance+pension+healthcare+bonus
MEP Commercial Manager City of London Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + c...
Senior MEP Commercial Manager
City of London, London, £70000 - £80000 per annum + car allowance+pension+healthcare+bonus
Senior MEP Commercial Manager City of London Salary: £70,000-£80,00...
Weybridge, Surrey, £110000 - £120000 per annum + car, pension, bonus, private healthcare
Build Manager Build Manager | £120,000 | Residential Developer I am...
Manchester, Greater Manchester, £75000 - £80000 per annum
Urgent need for a Contracts Manager within top-tier Contractor - £7...