|Job Title:||Construction Manager|
|Salary:||€400 - €600 per day|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2017 16:26|
Rate: Competitive freelance rate
Contract Length: 12 month rolling contract
Job Ref: JR65330
Our client, whom the Construction Manager will be reporting to, is a large international Civil Construction company with offices and projects worldwide. As well as building in commercial, hospitality, retail, and other sectors, they also have specialist teams working on mission critical environments such as pharmaceutical labs, clean rooms, and data centres.
What the job will involve:
The Construction Manager will:
- Work closely with Project Managers, Design Manager, and the commercial team throughout the entire project.
- Work with the Project Planner to monitor and develop contract programmes.
- Provide project management of internal project delivery process to include procurement, scheduling, closeout, and internal communication and coordination.
- Be involved in the rebuilding an existing building into a data centre.
- Liaise between the English main contractor and Swedish sub-contractors.
- Liaise with the client and provide weekly project status updates.
- Keep project progress on track with the schedule and ensure that sub-contractors build to the correct design.
- Manage and maintain strict site health and safety in accordance to local Swedish industry standards.
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate sub-contract change orders.
The ideal Construction Manager will have:
- A strong background in Civils and Groundwork.
- Previously worked for a large construction company.
- Experience working on large complex projects.
- Experience working as a project manager or construction manager.
- Experience working and liaising directly with main client.
- Minimum 10 years of construction site experience in Sweden.
- Ideally, but not necessarily, have experience working on data centres projects.
- Knowledge of local Swedish building standards and regulations is a must.
- The ability to speak both English and Swedish proficiently in a professional environment.
- Able to work site based every day in Southern Stockholm.
Our client is ideally seeking either a Swedish National with relevant experience or skills, or a British ex-pat who already lives in Sweden and is fluent in Sweden.
To apply for the position of Construction Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Joe on 01189 522 240 or email a copy of your CV to Joe at email@example.com
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£65000 - £70000 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £55000 per annum
£55000 - £62500 per annum + Additional Benefits
Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car/allowance, pension, health,
£38000 - £40000 per annum + Car allowance + benefits