|Job Title:||Construction Manager|
|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum + BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Ben Blackwell|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2017 13:07|
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Salary: Up to £68K plus package
Reports to: Managing Director
Based: Site Based/Office Based
Contracts Manager will oversee projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget. As a Contracts Manager, you could be working on a wide variety of projects, from refurbishments, office developments to houses, warehouse, schools, leisure centres, hospitals, fire stations, crematoriums etc. and working with Local Councils, Public Authorities, LUL, Heathrow.
The Contracts Manager at all times, will be the first point of contact for members of the public, clients, site managers and sub-contractors for as long as the contract.
Health and safety issues will be a top priority in this role, as will managing client expectations.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of detailed construction systems
Knowledge of construction estimating and procurement processes
Ability to read construction documents and specification manuals
Ability to interpret and apply contract law, local policy and administrative procedures
Ability to compile and analyze data
Ability to manage personnel and budgets
Strong organizational and communication skills
Willingness to be a member of a dedicated team
Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working with computers and other types of information technology
Worked on a project range from £1m-£5m.
Major Responsibilities and Duties: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reporting to the Director
- Will be responsible for the successful delivery of the areas construction projects.
- Responsible for all projects in SE Area.
- Head a team of site and projects managers.
- Be responsible for the contract achieving the required profit margins.
- Monitor contribution forecast for contracts.
- Monitor and control site prelims within tender costs in conjunction with the project managers.
- Constantly monitor contract progress and instigate procedures to correct any situation that may jeopardise the successful outcome/completion in conjunction with construction team and/or client/consultant.
- Monitor and control plant requirements on site.
- Monitor and control labour requirements on site.
- Attend site meetings and produce contract and progress reports.
- Hold monthly internal contract view meeting on site with the project team.
- Attend monthly CVR meetings.
- Production of Tender and construction programmes.
- Control and administrate site H&S matters.
- Production of initial method statements.
- Production of initial risk assessments.
- Production of initial COSHH assessments.
- Production of Contract H&S Plan.
- Auditing of Site quality systems.
- Auditing of Site safety systems.
- Required to represent the company at pre-tender qualification interviews.
- Administer building contract such as JCT, NEC as required by those contracts.
- Be able to do programmes (Microsoft Project)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + car/allowance,pension,HC,holiday
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car/allowance,pension,hc,holidays
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car/allowance,pension,HC,holiday
£50000.00 - £57000.00 per annum + package
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits