|Job Title:||Construction Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£120000 - £155000 per annum|
|Start Date:||April/May 2020|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2020 15:13|
Contract Rate: up to £850GBP per day
Perm Salary: up to £155,000 per annum
Package: Monthly rotation + Flights & Accommodation (preference is in-country)
Job Ref: DR70221
This is a brand-new client-side opportunity for a Construction Manager to join an existing team to work on a hyper scale data centre construction project in Sweden. The End User seeks a Construction Manager (either MEP or CSA bias) to join the client team as an Owner's Representative to oversee the general contractor during construction and provide strategic advice and support to the overall ongoing project.
The client side Construction Manager will have a minimum of 3+ years recent Data Centre construction experience and have a comprehensive knowledge of the requirements for the modern high specification construction of data centres, with a in depth understanding of CSA as well as MEP packages. Excellent English, both written and verbal communication skills are essential.
This is a Monday to Friday job therefore the client has a major preference for the successful Construction Manager to be based in-country full time, however for any Construction Manager who offers recent large Data Centre construction experience they are willing to consider monthly rotation in which case flights & accommodation will be provided.
Construction Manager Duties:
- Day to day coordination of all construction activities for all stakeholders
- Mapping out the works with the relevant contractors as to de-conflict potential problems and issues on a week by week look ahead
- Coordinate activities with the Client Ops team and ensure that contractors submit schedule(s)
- Hold meetings with the contractors each morning prior to commencement of work
- Collating H&S plans of each contractor and responsible for H&S within the construction space - and to coordinate with the site EHS coordinator
- Organise (with the site EHS co-ordinator) the site-specific H&S inductions for the contractors' personnel and maintain records of same
- Daily walkdowns on work fronts to ensure that work areas are barriered off correctly, that the correct signage is in place, that MOP and RAMS and POW are being carried out correctly.
- Hold weekly meetings with all stakeholders for check in & co-ordination of scope and possible changes
Experience / Skills:
- Must have a proven track record in delivering a Data Centre / Data Center construction projects in the last 3 years.
- Either CSA or MEP bias however the Construction Manager must offer previous experience overseeing all disciplines across the entire programme of works.
- Must have a proven track record delivering large scale construction projects in a Construction Manager remit for at least 8 years.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant field, but relevant working experience and a proven track record is acceptable.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other Data Centre Construction opportunities please call Dan Risby at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Construction Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
£230 - £250 per day
£210 - £240 per day
Up to £50000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package
£250 - £275 per day