|Job Title:||Cost Manager|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||£90000 - £100000 per annum + Full Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2018 11:22|
Salary: €90,000 - €100,000
Job Ref: JR665164
A longstanding and world-renowned multi-disciplinary consultancy is searching for an MEP biased Cost Manager / Commercial Manager to join their data centre and pharmaceutical / life sciences specialist team based in Dublin.
The position of M&E Cost Manager will be initially to work on a large data centre construction project near Dublin for one of the world's largest technology firm end clients. You will be on site 4 days per week and office based in Dublin 1 day per week for the first circa 10 months.
After this initial period the MEP Cost Manager / Commercial Manager will be involved in a multitude of projects to include data centres, pharmaceutical, life sciences, etc.
Cost Manager Responsibilities and Duties
The job of the MEP Cost Manager will involve the following:
- Leading a cost team which will involve both the interaction with new and existing clients, as well as the training of junior members of the team
- Controlling costs throughout projects and ensuring budgets are achieved
- Review, validation, and auditing of cost estimates submitted by contractors
- Negotiation of change orders and estimates with contractors
- Closeout of contracts and final accounts
Cost Manager Requirements
The ideal MEP Cost Manager:
- 5 years' experience working on mission critical project such as data centre and pharmaceutical projects. Failing this, a background in heavy MEP in industrial, semiconductor manufacturing plants, etc.
- Must have MEP bias. A Mechanical / HVAC bias within that will be viewed especially favourably, however Electrical bias applicable are more than welcome.
- Preferably MRICS
- Ideally experience working for a PQS / consultancy, however an MEP Cost Manager with a contractor background, who has been involved in working in a client-facing position, will also be considered
- Experience working throughout full build process, including estimation, procurement, pre-construction, change orders, build, value engineering, final accounts, etc.
To apply for the position of MEP Cost Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Joe on 01189 522 240 or email a copy of your CV to
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's