|Job Title:||Design Manager|
|Salary:||€700 - €800 per day|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2019 12:54|
Rate: €700 - €800 per day
Job Ref: HH69433
A unique, exciting, and challenging opportunity to work client side for one of the world's largest technology firms in a Design Manager remit involved in one of Europe's largest Data Centre projects based in the Netherlands. The Design Manager will be managing the civil and structural packages.
The role of the Design Manager will be to work directly for the client and manage the design process through to completion. The Design Manager will oversee the development of individual data centre design packages including the permit packages, specifications, technical evaluations and construction drawings on time and on budget. The Design Manager is also responsible for identifying technical challenges and working to drive solutions, develop mitigation strategies, and develop cost and schedule for such.
This client-side Design Manager opportunity is to be based in-country within Netherlands, therefore no rotation is on offer.
Responsibilities of the Design Manager
The Design Manager will be expected to:
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the in-progress Civil and Structural design and Client's standards.
- Coordinate and resolve design issues in conjunction with the wider Client DCS team.
- Provide technical input and recommendation to support Requests for Information (RFIs), submittals, and design change processes, in coordination with the consulting engineer.
- Evaluate and recommend changes (including Value Engineering) that meet or exceed reliability requirements through coordination with the construction team and other Client stakeholders.
- Monitor work in the field to ensure it is being executed in line with the Client's design intent and standards, as well as meeting the local codes and requirements.
- Work with the General Contractor (GC) and Trades to develop a high-level understanding of the design intent and on-time development of coordinated design details and delegated design elements in alignment with Client standards.
- Develop a detailed understanding of trade contractors project delivery strategy, planning, zoning, work sequences, etc. to help optimize and align to program level standards.
- Support in close-out and handover activities (e.g. negotiations to resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes).
- Report on, and support in the close out of, any issues or gaps in these requirements.
Requirements of the C/S Design Manager
The Design Manager should have the following skills:
- 5 years + experience in a Design-Build remit
- Recent (in the last 5 years) experience working on mission critical construction projects: Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Pharmaceutical, Power Plants, Industrial etc.
- Civil/Structural background (ideally bachelor's degree)
- Experience with project total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Construction Management experience
To apply for the position of Design Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Heather Hall of Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's