|Job Title:||Design Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||€70000 - €130000 per annum + flights + accommodation + allowance|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2019 16:33|
Rotation: 17 days on | 4 days off
Package: Accommodation + Flights + Pension + Living Allowance
Salary: €70,000 - €130,000 per annum
Job Ref: DR695101
A unique opportunity to be involved in a brand-new Data Centre construction project yet to break ground in Sweden. Our client is one of Europe's leading General Contractors and are actively recruiting for an experienced Civils bias Design Manager with Data Centre project experience.
The site in Sweden is located circa 1.5 hours north of Stockholm.
- Take responsibility for the successful management of the CSA element of the Project, including:
- facilitating communication between the design team, the team and supply chain;
- managing the production of design information to the design programme within contract scope;
- managing the production of construction design including that by specialist subcontractors within contract scope;
- establishing the deliverables from the design process;
- continually Value Managing the design; and ensuring the design is buildable.
- Analyse and understand design requirements of the Project and the detail of the scope that are contracted to deliver.
- Attend Project meetings and take strategic decisions regarding design management to assist in the delivery of the overall project delivery structure/approach.
- Analyse the design risk and/or opportunities and ensure these are communicated within and with the design team for action.
- Allocate, organise, and manage the Civils, Structural & Architectural design team for the Project.
- Take responsibility for managing the design programme and the design deliverables.
- Agree outstanding scope of appointments and fees/costs and appoint where necessary.
- Chair internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Provide ideas for innovation & improvement in construction & delivery of design management.
- Manage the other design management staff on the Project.
- When requested, assist with new project bids, including attending client interviews, presentations, bidders' days, etc.
Experience / Skills:
- Recent data centre construction project experience is essential.
- Must have a proven track record delivering a large-scale technical project in a Design Manager remit.
- Must be Civils bias, A relevant degree in Civil Engineering would be ideal, but relevant working experience will be considered.
- Must be able to comprehensively review design specification for all CSA disciplines within a Data Centre environment.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other Design Manager opportunities in the Data Centre sector please call Dan Risby on 01189 522240 at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.