|Job Title:||Design Manager|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£400 - £600 per day + package|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2020 05:26|
Rate: £400 - £600 per day
Contract: 24-36 months ongoing
Rotation: 2 weeks in-country / 4 days home
Job Ref: DR870115
For any Design Manager not based in-country, a rotation package can be offered which includes: Flights, Accommodation, Living Allowance & transfers/car.
A great opportunity to work client side for an established Data Centre Colocation Developer. The Design Manager will act as Chief Design Manager for European Data Centre sites.
The Design Manager will oversee construction and upgrades of all data centre projects in Europe, acting as the overall Technical Design Authority with external consultancy practices. Responsibility will also include ongoing management and coordination of design.
The client seeks an experienced Design Manager, either CSA or MEP bias. It's essential that you can offer a proven track record delivering critical system construction projects in a Design Manager remit.
For the successful Design Manager this job will offer a unique but challenging opportunity to operate as both the client representative, as well as the on site design manager similar to that of a design manager general contractor side.
Responsibilities of the Design Manager
The Data Centre Design Manager will be expected to:
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the in-progress CSA as well as MEP design and Client's standards.
- Coordinate and resolve design issues in conjunction with the wider Client team.
- Provide technical input and recommendation to support Requests for Information (RFIs), submittals, and design change processes, in coordination with the consulting engineer.
- Evaluate and recommend changes (including Value Engineering) that meet or exceed reliability requirements through coordination with the construction team and other Client stakeholders.
- Monitor work in the field to ensure it is being executed in line with the Client's design intent and standards, as well as meeting the local codes and requirements.
- Work with the sub-contractors to develop a high-level understanding of the design intent and on-time development of coordinated design details and delegated design elements in alignment with Client standards.
- Develop a detailed understanding of trade contractors project delivery strategy, planning, zoning, work sequences, etc. to help optimize and align to program level standards.
- Support in close-out and handover activities (e.g. negotiations to resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes).
- Report on, and support in the close out of, any issues or gaps in these requirements.
Requirements of the CSA Design Manager
The Design Manager should have the following experience/skills:
- 7 years + experience in a Design-Build remit
- Recent (in the last 3 years) experience working on mission critical construction projects: Data Centres, Semi-Conductor, Pharmaceutical, Power Plants, Industrial etc.
- CSA or MEP bias/background
- Ideally degree qualified however relevant working experience is acceptable
- Site based delivery experienced gained with a main contractor / general contractor.
- Experience, or the ability to deal with internal client stakeholders including regular detailed reports.
To apply for the position of Design Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby of Project Resource Ltd.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's