|Job Title:||Document Controller|
|Salary:||£400 - £450 per day + Accommodation & Biz Expenses|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2017 18:22|
Senior Document Controller
Rate: £400 - £450 per day + Accommodation
Contract: 12 Months plus
Rotation: Monthly rotation if required, flights at own cost
Job Ref: DR64797
Client side opportunity as a Senior Document Controller to work on one of Europe's largest Data Centre builds based in Belgium. This Senior Document Controller position will be offered as a long term (minimum 1-2 years) fixed contract paying a very competitive day rate plus accommodation. Rotation back home is acceptable but would at your own cost.
As a Senior Document Controller you will provide on-site / local / regional support for the formal review of documents provided by the general contractor and/or design consultancy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The evaluation, organisation and labelling/tagging of data related to construction documentation. The goal is to create a complete and accurate e-library, easily available for technicians and engineers.
- Maintain a physical library for As-built drawings and Operation & Maintenance manual hard copies.
- Implementation of established documentation management standards at new sites/buildings.
- Reviewing turnover documentation and routing it to the appropriate entities entitled to perform technical review internally.
- Auditing new and existing documentation for standards compliance and formatting.
- Performing archiving tasks in order to catalogue what is already available.
- Following established documentation processes and procedures, as well as proposing improvements.
- Centralise all questions coming up from the General Contractor, Architect/Engineer, Subcontractors during the construction phase.
- Proceed with formal review of the turnover documentation.
- Attend Closeout meetings and provide formal review comments.
- Organisation of the final folder structure
- Organise hard copies for O&M and As-Builts and ensure availability to Physical Libraries.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a Document Controller in construction.
- Ideally experienced with other forms of construction document turnover (submittals, specifications, etc.)
- Knowledge in field verification and measuring techniques.
- Ideally experienced with BIM applications (Revit etc.)
- Must be flexible with travel and able to work out in Belgium with rotation home if required.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ideally experienced within industrial / data centre environments or at least large value construction projects.
- Ideally competent in producing AutoCAD drawings across all disciplines however this is not essential.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other client side opportunities on data centre projects across Europe please call Dan Risby at Project Resource or email email@example.com