Job Ref: HH674102
A Document Controller is needed working on data centre projects in Belgium for a specialist data centre fit out contractor. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Document Controller looking to expand their career within the data centre industry. The position is permanent preference, however, they will entertain freelance Document Controllers as well. The client is seeking someone who will either rotate, relocate, or is already home based in Holland.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Document Controller:
The role of the Document Controller will include:
- Assist in the general production, recording and issuing of reports, drawings and any other documentation as necessary and appropriate to the project and generally as directed by the management team.
- Develop and implement specific processes for receiving and date‐stamping incoming documents, logging, distribution, filing, review, approval and distribution.
- Maintain Drawing / Document Register as a spreadsheet in the project drive.
- Maintain registers for other documents including Health, Safety, Quality + Environment, Test + Commissioning.
- Store e-copies of all drawings and documents on the project drive, so that project staff can access them.
- Keep hard copy files of all current drawings & documents.
- Maintain Correspondence Register and Document Transmittals.
- Assisting in providing the engineering and construction team with documentation identified in the contract, or that such documentation is otherwise available.
- Ensure all documentation is archived in accordance with Company procedures.
- Coordination both internally and externally to establish clear expectation of their respective obligations and input related to the control of documents when necessary.
- Provide timely communication to management with regards to document priorities, late submittals and overdue responses.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and technical notes.
- Coordinate change control process (RFI, COR, CCD) and ensure changes are documented, allocated to the right individuals, accounted for and authorized.
Job Requirements of the Document Controller:
The Document Controller is expected to have:
- Minimum of 3 years, ideally more, experience working as a Document Controller in the construction industry.
- Although data centre project experience is not essential, it is highly desirable. As a minimum you will have experience on other technical construction projects of a large value.
- Possess good knowledge in document control and management processes and standards and ISO standards.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Words and PowerPoint) is a must and knowledge in using document control software is advantageous.
To apply for the position of Document Controller, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Heather at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer