|Job Title:||Document Controller|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||€45000 - €56000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 08:39|
Salary: €45,000 - €56,000
Job Ref: HH67380
A Data Centre Document Controller is needed working client side for a global technology firm to work on hyper-scale data centre projects in Europe. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Document Controller to join the data centre construction team in Dublin. This position is temp to hire located in the Dublin office with occasional travel to the data centre projects in Europe. The client is after a permanent resident in Dublin and does not offer rotation; this will be a perfect position for someone already living in Dublin or willing to relocate there on a permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Document Controller
The roles of the Document Controller will include:
- Maintain the as-built and record drawing files and control logs as required by the project
- Manage update of all retrofit approved changes, this may include but not limited to updating architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, BMS and telecommunication pathway drawings.
- Maintain the file repositories and folder structure for design and construction administration documentation
- Coordinate all activities related to the Data Center Design document control, including but not limited to submittals, specifications, deliverables, cost, schedule, drawings/models in both electronic and hard copy
- Design and construction kick-off meetings
- Assist in creation, maintain and update of drawing standards, BIM Execution Plan, file repositories, folder structure, workflow, process, etc.
- Ensure that copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate stakeholder for review and approval
- Assist in innovating design-construction technology
- Support geographically and operationally diverse team of engineering, operations, finance, quality, etc.
- Lead training and education sessions for internal and external partners
- Travel to data centre sites for project review, facility audits, as-built validation as required
Job Requirements of the Document Controller
The Document Controller is expected to have:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Document Controller in the construction industry.
- Already living in Dublin or at least willing to relocate on a permanent basis to Dublin.
- Although data centre project experience is not essential, it is highly desirable. As a minimum you will have at least 3 years' experience on other critical construction projects of a large value.
- Possess good knowledge in document control and management processes and standards and ISO standards.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Words and PowerPoint) is a must and knowledge in using document control software is advantageous.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's