|Job Title:||Electrical Associate|
|Location:||Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland|
|Salary:||£70000 - £85000 per annum + full company benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2018 17:20|
Salary: £70,000 - £85,000 + company benefits
Job Ref: DR66205
An opportunity for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer at Principal Engineer or Associate Engineer level to work on large Data Centre schemes across Europe whilst being based from home for the large majority of time but with travel into Europe for meetings when required.
The client is a consultancy practice which offers their clients multi-disciplinary services including Building Services design solutions, exclusively to the global Data Centre sector. Now actively recruiting to help service existing clients mainly in Europe, they seek an Electrical Design Engineer to work with full autonomy from home but flexibility to travel into Europe for meetings as and when required.
- Managing, preparing and producing all aspects of electrical services designs for data centres
- Will be required to represent company in Client/Project/Site meetings
- Will be required to work with Clients to establish their requirements and transform this into design briefs
- Be a recognised point of contact for projects
- Carrying out Due Diligence reports (including desktop reviews and site surveys)
- Work closely with other design disciplines
Experience / Skills:
- Able to demonstrate significant electrical design experience with the data centre and critical systems field
- An ability to work in a client facing role acting in a consultancy remit whilst representing the company at all times
- A proven track record of being able to take a client's brief and develop it without supervision.
- A proven track record of being able to provide full design for electrical services at detailed design stage.
- Ideally degree qualified, however relevant working experience is acceptable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to conduct high-level technical discussions
- Competent in the use of Amtech
- Ideally, not a necessity, able to produce your own 2D AutoCAD drawings
- Must have current knowledge of:
- MV (up to 33KVA) Distribution Systems including generators
- MV(up to 33KVA) Systems Controls and Protection Schemes
- Electrical Site/Building Load Assessments
- LV Standby Generation and major UPS systems
- Data Centre and Uptime Institute terminology and standards
The successful Data Centre specialist Electrical Associate will need to be able to travel to project sites in UK and Europe when required. Also travel to the London office approx. once a fortnight for team meetings. It's essential that the Data Centre Electrical Associate is self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
To apply for the position of Electrical Associate, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Joe or Dan on 01189 522240 or email a copy of your CV to Dan on email@example.com
Services advertised by Project Resource Ltd are that of an Employment Agency/Business.