Electrical Design Manager
|Job Title:||Electrical Design Manager|
|Salary:||£650 - £800 per day|
|Start Date:||January / February 2020|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2019 16:13|
Electrical Design Manager
Salary: £650 - £800 per day
Job Ref: DR695821
Travel to Dublin on a semi-frequent basis. Circa 2 weeks a month (non-consecutively).
Home based when not Dublin based.
An opportunity to work client side as an Electrical bias Design Manager as part of a multi-disciplinary design hub team, managing and coordinating the design for hyper-scale data centre construction projects across Europe.
The role of the Electrical Design Manager will be to work directly for the client and manage the design process through to completion. The Electrical Design Manager will oversee the development of individual data centre design packages including the permit packages, specifications, technical evaluations and construction drawings on time and on budget. The role will also be responsible for identifying technical challenges and working to drive solutions, develop mitigation strategies, and develop cost and schedule.
This position would ideally suit either of the following backgrounds:
- Senior Electrical Design Engineer / Associate (Consultancy or D&B)
- Electrical Design Manager (contractor side)
As stated, when not working in Dublin this role will offer remote working.
- Take responsibility for the successful management of the Electrical element of the Project, including:
- facilitating communication between the design team, the team and supply chain;
- managing the production of design information to the design programme within contract scope;
- managing the production of construction design including that by specialist subcontractors within contract scope;
- establishing the deliverables from the design process;
- continually Value Managing the design; and ensuring the design is buildable.
- Analyse and understand design requirements of the Project and the detail of the scope that are contracted to deliver.
- Attend Project meetings and take strategic decisions regarding design management to assist in the delivery of the overall project delivery structure/approach.
- Analyse the design risk and/or opportunities and ensure these are communicated within and with the design team for action.
- Take responsibility for managing the design programme and the design deliverables.
- Agree outstanding scope of appointments and fees/costs and appoint where necessary.
- Chair internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Provide ideas for innovation & improvement in construction & delivery of design management.
- When requested, assist with new project bids, including attending client interviews, presentations, bidders' days, etc.
Experience / Skills:
- Recent large-scale data centre construction project experience is essential.
- Must have a proven track record either physically designing, or managing and coordinating the design function, on a large-scale data centre construction project
- Must be Electrical bias. Ideally a degree holder in Electrical Engineering, but relevant working experience will be considered.
- Must be able to comprehensively review design specification for all Electrical services within a Data Centre environment.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other Design Manager opportunities in the Data Centre sector please contact Dan Risby at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.