Electrical Program Manager
|Job Title:||Electrical Program Manager|
|Salary:||£500 - £575 per day + plus travel costs|
|Contact Name:||Dan Risby|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2021 12:10|
Electrical Technical Program Manager
Remote with travel
Rate: Up to €650 / £575 per day + travel expenses
Job Ref: DR71124
A unique client-side opportunity for an Electrical bias Technical Program Manager to work home based (anywhere in EMEA) with infrequent EMEA travel. Delivering hyper-scale data centre projects.
The end client, a global technology company, is seeking a Senior level Project Manager / Project Director / Program Manager, with extensive experience in design, someone who can manage multiple external vendors delivering design through Data Centre construction services throughout the product development life cycle.
This role will also work with manufacturers on new technology that can be implemented across the EMEA Data Centre program.
- Support the development of next generation electrical system products.
- Contribute to new technology insertions through collaboration with the core engineering teams during development. Create system level concept and schematics designs and carry through to detailed designs.
- Provide and prepare all types of documents including statement of work, engineering reports, design documents, total cost of ownership analysis, drawing markup, budget, schedule, and commissioning program documents.
- Coordinate documentation of electrical design, end to end scope, for data centre builds.
- Effectively lead product development meetings with stakeholders, manage and distribute meeting notes, distribute action items, and follow-up on open items
- Manage multiple external vendors delivering design through construction services throughout the product development life cycle.
- Work with internal stakeholders on system requirements and translate requirements into design drawings for distribution to external consultants.
- Coordinate documentation of all design disciplines, end to end scope, for data centre builds.
- Reviewing in-progress drawings & Autodesk Revit models to ensure documentation is at an appropriate level of detail at each design milestone, identify coordination issues, and escalate to our consultants to prioritize their focus on critical items affecting schedule to close out during design meetings.
- An Electrical Engineering background, you will need to overcome unique design challenges.
- The ability to successfully perform QA/QC of design drawings on large scale projects +200k sq. ft.
- Able to meet changing project priorities to make sure your team and projects stay on schedule.
- The ability to program manage cross-functional stakeholders for program level process and commissioning assets.
- Experience coordinating electrical scope with multiple discipline trades (architecture, telecom, mechanical, plumbing, structural and civil)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit or equivalent
- Familiarity and experience in working with cross discipline teams: architecture, civil, mechanical, plumbing, structural, and telecom.
- Experience developing requests for proposal (RFPs), scheduling projects, cost engineering, reporting project status and costs, and consulting with contractors and vendors.
- Knowledge of BIM360 a plus
To apply for the position of Program Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's