Environmental & Quality Advisor
|Job Title:||Environmental & Quality Advisor|
|Location:||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Jess Johnston|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 11:52|
ENVIRONMENT ADVISOR - NORTH WEST:
Position: Environment Advisor
Location: North West Salford - opportunity to work remotely
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 plus highly competitive benefits package
Company: Award-Winning National Contractor
My client is seeking an Environment Advisor to join their North West division. The main purpose of the role is to provide support to the business via the SHEQ Manager with regards to either carbon reduction or waste management and any other environmental issues pre and during project phase.
Working with relevant authorities to ensure full compliance.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a forward-thinking company who continue to grow year on year and have a big commitment to Health and Safety.
- Work with the SHEQ Manager to ensure that the business effectively and accurately captures and analyses data on waste and/or carbon.
- To identify and disseminate information on innovation and best practice with regards to carbon reduction and/or waste management
- Providing specialist knowledge on SWMPs, and where necessary auditing live plans
- On a day to day basis provide guidance and advice to the business on compliance of environmental issues raised
- Assist the SHEQ Manager with companywide initiatives
- Provide direct report to the northern SHEQ team, and where necessary project teams on the measurement, of all aspects of environmental
- Assist the SHEQ Manager in collating and analysing data in relation to Carbon, Waste and Product Procurement.
- Respond to Business Development tender questions and provide guidance to new business managers as required
- Promote Sustainable Procurement and work towards measurable targets
- Carry out environmental audits on site
- Attend divisional and departmental meetings as required
- Working with technical departments regarding licenses and permits
- Client interaction as required (through reporting, training and briefings)
- Working alongside relevant teams to develop and implement aspects and impacts to help achieve regions SHEQ targets /KPI's
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience - Essential
- Environmental qualification (at degree level)
- Membership of a certified bodies (i.e. IEMA) Demonstrable attendance at relevant and recent seminars and workshops
- Specific experience in relation to carbon foot printing or waste management
- Knowledge SWMPs
- Providing proactive support to operational business units.
- Up to date knowledge of UK SHEQ legislation
- Operation of an ISO14001, ISO 16001 and similar systems
- Experience of waste management and Duty of Care
- Ability to work remotely
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good at developing relationships with Operational leadership and site teams
- Proven written communication skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Computer literate in MS Office
If you are interested in this position, then please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jess Johnston on 0121 651 1666 to discuss
Services advertised by Project Resource Ltd are those of an agency and/or an employment business
*please note that Project Resource offer a referral fee for any candidate(s) you recommend to us that we place in a job. If this role is not of interest / relevant for you then please pass it on to others you know who may be interested*
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's