Ganger - Water
Contract; Thames Water
Working with Thames Water, Utilities is not your typical water contracting company. Just take a look at how we relate to Thames Waters' Here for you Campaign that underpins everything that we do, and you'll start to get a feel for our culture.
It's collaborative, innovative and inspiring. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly love what we do! If you care about delivering a first-class job with excellent customer service, your career and the environment, then we want to hear from you.
We have an excellent opportunity for Ganger to lead a 2 Person team, working as part of the Planned Work Delivery Team within the Infrastructure Alliance, specifically on Water related refurbishment Projects, you'll play a key role in ensuring projects are delivered to technical and customer specification with a strong emphasis on meeting Health, Safety, standards and regulation.
A key component of our success is our people who carry out our project work to replace, refurbish and upgrade our assets to ensure water keeps flowing for you, your family and your friends.
Working with us will give you great satisfaction through achievement in what you do, which is always valued & appreciated
Working in and leading a 2-man team with the following key responsibilities:
- Carrying out leakage and optimisation schemes including main laying and large connection work.
- General Site duties and supervision associated with planned and reactive repair work, using latest technology to minimise paperwork in-line with the Client's requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all Health and Safety Standards and requirements are met at all times, including completing of all associated paperwork.
- Communicating with the Delivery Agent and other colleagues as required to update them on progress, timely communication when unexpected issues arise on site.
- To ensure work complies with relevant Safety, Health and Environmental legislation and recycling takes place wherever possible.
- Adopt all relevant areas of the self-certification process after training.
- Ensure correct use of plant and materials and to minimise wastage.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- First Aid Trained
- Abrasive Wheel Trained
- Manual Handling
- EUSR Water Hygiene
- Utility Experience
- NRSWA Operative - Units 001-007 inc & 009
- Cat and Genny Training
- 180 Tracked Digger Training CITB or Equivalent
- Slinger Banksman Trained
- Reasonable written and numerical skills
- NVQ Level 2 Main Laying
- UK driving licence CAT C + E
- EUSR - SHEA Water
- Asbestos Pipe training
- Deep Excavation Trained
- Deep Excavation Training/Experience
- Experience in working on Large Diameter Mains