Head of Design Management
|Job Title:||Head of Design Management|
|Location:||West Yorkshire, England|
|Salary:||£55000 - £62500 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Adam Wright|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2018 09:54|
Unprecedented opportunity has arisen for a Head of Design Management with a Tier 1 contractor. Based ideally from offices in West Yorkshire and managing the Design team across the regional area, the ideal candidate will be suitably located to travel between West Yorkshire and the North East.
Works will include Schools/Universities and M.O.D
Main Purpose of Job:
- To manage the design management resources (people and finance) and processes in the business unit. The business is primarily focused on key frameworks, with repeat business clients. The role will require the support of the two stage submission requirements of the frameworks, securing the opportunity and delivering the second stage. Managing the designs to achieve the client's expectations, contract requirements and within budget.
- To manage the process of designing the solution(s) for projects in order to meet or exceed customers' requirements and framework deliverables. To recognise contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities for value engineering, in order to minimise risk and maximise gross profit on contracts. To support the fulfilment of the pipeline of contracts safely, on time, and to the required quality while maximising gross profit and customers' satisfaction.
- To support the development and implementation of Building NE&Y's Business improvement Strategy, "delivering excellence". The focus of this is project delivery, with the primary focus being four cornerstones: Safe. On Time, Snag Free and Delighted Client. The role will also require the implementation of all relevant policies including those for SHE, risk management and solution design.
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Support the "Safe" cornerstone of Delivering Excellence
- To implement and comply with SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice within the business unit and areas.
- To allocate resources within delegated authorities
- To pursue and implement best practice
- To support the achievement of the annual financial budget (operating profit) for the business unit
- To support the development and implementation of the design management budget (cost) for the business unit
- To manage the process of designing solutions
- To support the "Delighted Client" cornerstone of Delivering Excellence
- To lead, manage and motivate the business unit's design managers and staff and external consultants to establish their full commercial contribution to the organisation
- To ensure the business unit design management staff members have the required capacity, capability and competency
- To support managerial succession planning
Quality of delivery
- To support the "On Time" and "Snag Free" cornerstone of Delivering Excellence
- To input into the delivering excellence Project Plan with innovation and best practice
- To lead the development of robust design programmes to ensure they are in place for all bids and projects
- To lead the design co-ordination in line with the Procurement and Construction Programmes
- To support the process of assessing, preparing (including post-bid activities), validating, adjudication and final submission of bids on time and to the required quality
- Demonstrate a technical appreciation and a working knowledge inclusive of Town Planning, Building Regulations and BREEAM
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's