Health & Safety Adviser
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Adviser|
|Salary:||£40000 - £60000 per annum + Accommodation, Travel, Living Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 09:54|
Construction Health and Safety Adviser
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + Accommodation, Travel, Package
Job Ref: HH70141
An established main contractor that is rapidly growing in Europe in the data centre construction sector is seeking a seasoned professional to join their Construction Management team as a Health and Safety Adviser. The Health and Safety Adviser must be experienced in providing guidance on complex construction activities related to safety, insurance, regulatory agency compliance and risk management. The successful Health and Safety Advisor will assist the project team in delivering safe data centre builds across the Netherlands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor
- Perform risk assessments for all construction related tasks.
- Provide guidance to the project team, and contractors, to implement effective safety methodologies on site.
- Assist with incident investigation, root cause analysis and reporting for corrective actions.
- Work in conjunction with Construction Health and Safety Team to ensure deliverables and job functions maintain minimum standards.
- Participate and assist with on-site training to enhance safety efforts.
- Be actively engaged in maintaining cross-functional relationships to foster cooperation and enhance safety endeavours.
- Function within the framework of a holistic risk management program.
- Reporting of site Health and Safety KPI metrics using predefined leading and lagging indicators.
- Develop project-specific health & safety strategies, programmes and plans.
Requirements of the Health and Safety Specialist
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Occupational Health, Safety & Welfare or equivalent Health and Safety degree
- Proven professional experience in construction industry mainly focused on Health and Safety.
- Experience working with EU building codes and health & safety regulations.
- Certifications recognized by Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH), the British Safety Council or other institutions well known and respected in the construction industry.
- Must hold sufficient industry knowledge to understand the design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems as related to data centre construction processes.
- Understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts.
To apply for the position of Health and Safety Adviser, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Heather Hall at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.