|Job Title:||HSE Manager|
|Salary:||£450 - £625 per day|
|Start Date:||January 2021|
|Contact Name:||Dan Risby|
|Job Published:||November 09, 2020 23:15|
Rate: £450 up to £625 per day, or equivalent €Euro
Job Ref: DR70573
A new requirement for a HSE Manager to work client side for an American technology giant, helping oversee the construction of a new hyper-scale data centre campus, as well as multiple future upgrades and extensions based in the Netherlands.
The client ideally seeks an experienced HSE construction professional, who can be based permanently in the Netherlands, however for the right candidate they will consider monthly rotation with accommodation assistance. Although this HSE Manager position is offered on a day rate, it is to be considered long term and secure.
The HSE Manager will report into the site HSE Lead. Only Data Centre project experienced Health & Safety professionals will be considered due to the critical nature, and size of the projects. Client-side experience is ideal, however the client is happy to consider experienced and qualified Senior Health & Safety professionals, who currently works contractor or consultancy side.
Summary of main duties:
- Monitoring the contractor's EHS performance, to ensure that the Contractor is in compliance with their stated practices and procedures, regulatory requirements and any additional deliverables.
- Investigate and support incident reports involving work-related injuries and illnesses and recommend measures to prevent recurrence.
- Periodically inspecting, auditing, and reviewing safe work practices to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Assist stakeholders and local safety liaisons to integrate localised environmental health safety guidelines, programs, and training.
- Evaluate the completeness and effectiveness of the contractor's hazard assessments (RAMS, JHAs, ARTs, etc.)
- Assist in conducting the monthly contractor HSE audit.
- Assist in design reviews throughout the life cycle planning, as requested/required.
- Evaluate and audit site specific safety plan to conformance to project manual requirements.
- Understand and ensure operational EHS requirements are adhered to.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in a Health & Safety / SHE / HSE capacity, within the construction industry.
- Must have recent Data Centre project experience (gained in the last 4 years).
- Must be a member of IOSH, ideally Chartered. Other Health & Safety institution memberships, such as MIRSM and MIRCA, will be considered.
- Ideally a degree holder in a relevant field, however relevant working experience will be considered.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other Data Centre construction opportunities please contact one of the Critical Systems team at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's