Junior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Junior Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||€30000 - €50000 per annum + Accommodation, travel, living allowance|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 14:32|
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: €30,000 - €50,000 + rotation package
Rotation: 3 weeks in country, 1-week home
Job Ref: HH69483
An international main contractor is urgently seeking a Junior Quantity Surveyor with an MEP bias to work on one of the largest high-tech construction projects currently in progress in Sweden. The successful Junior Quantity Surveyor will be expected to assist with large construction packages through to completion.
This is a great opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join an established company with a wealth of projects in the critical systems sector throughout Ireland and Europe. The contractor's project list includes data centres, pharmaceutical builds, hospitals, and many others.
On top of basic salary, the Junior Quantity Surveyor will get accommodation provided as well as a return flight every 3 weeks for a week home (working remotely), in country transport, and a living allowance.
The Responsibilities of the Junior Quantity Surveyor
The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be expected to:
- Cover pricing and assessment of variations and contract entitlement negotiation
- Responsible for cost controlling
- Liaising with Electrical parties from initial enquiries through to final accounts
- Actively work with Project Managers relating to contract variations
- Identify areas of risk/scope and develop with the project team
- Produce control document when project secured
- Review proposals with Designers and select/agree subcontractor enquiry
- Procurement of subcontract packages
- Provide support in respect to legal/contract issues associated with the project
- Attend post tender/pre-qual interviews and report accordingly
- Attend site meetings as necessary
- Input to the supply chain/preferred suppliers for constructional elements in conjunction with project teams for subcontractors/suppliers
Junior Quantity Surveyor Requirements
The Junior Quantity Surveyor should have the following skills:
- Proven experience managing large scale packages
- 3 years + experience as a Quantity Surveyor on large scale construction projects
- Ideally a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Electrical or Mechanical bias with an appreciation for other packages
To Apply for the position of Junior Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Heather Hall at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's