Junior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Junior Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2020 16:01|
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: €30,000 - €40,000
Job Ref: HH70020
An established Dublin-based consultancy is seeking a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their team to work on a variety of construction projects including hyper-scale data centres, airports, stadiums, and retail. The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be assisting with both M&E and CSA packages (with training provided) over multiple projects both in Ireland and throughout Europe.
This is a great opportunity to join a consultancy that has grown consistently year on year over multiple decades in high value construction markets. The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be encouraged to progress through strong training programs and offers future career opportunities by assisting with diplomas in relevant Quantity Surveying fields such as construction law, contract management, project management, and mechanical and electrical engineering.
Furthermore, a very large percentage of staff at this consultancy are either members or fellows of both SCSI and RICS, so the opportunity to work with and learn from highly experienced and qualified seniors is excellent.
The Responsibilities of the Junior Quantity Surveyor
The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be expected to:
- Cover pricing and assessment of variations and contract entitlement Negotiation
- Responsible for cost controlling
- Liaising with all M&E and CSA parties from initial enquiries through to final accounts
- Actively work with Project Managers and client representatives relating to contract variations
- Identify areas of risk/scope and develop with the project team
- Produce control document when project secured
- Review proposals with Designers and select/agree subcontractor enquiry
- Provide support in respect to legal/contract issues associated with the project
- Attend post tender/pre-qual interviews and report accordingly
- Attend site meetings as necessary
- Input to the supply chain/preferred suppliers for constructional elements in conjunction with project teams for subcontractors/suppliers
Junior Quantity Surveyor Requirements
The Junior Quantity Surveyor should have the following skills:
- Proven experience managing large scale packages
- 1-2 years + experience as a Quantity Surveyor on large scale construction projects
- Ideally a degree in Quantity Surveying (MEP or CSA bias)
- Valid driving licence
To Apply for the position of Junior Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Heather Hall at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's