Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract: 12 months plus
Job Ref: HH67231
A large, multinational, multi-disciplined consultancy specialising in mission critical projects is searching for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to work on hyper-scale data centre projects throughout Europe. This is an urgent requirement and the successful Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will be offered a long, 12 month contract which will then roll on.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on some of Europe's largest and most prestigious data centre projects for one of the largest end clients in the world - an international technology company. This is perfect for anyone looking to further their career in the data centre sector working as a Lead Mechanical Engineer.
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities and Duties
The job of the Lead Mechanical Engineer will involve the following:
- Being part of a multi-discipline design team covering all aspects of the build, leading the mechanical services side
- Produce mechanical engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Supervise the production of technical drawings and check output
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients' briefs
- Attend and participate in (internal and external) project meetings
- Co-ordinate input from other disciplines and specialisms as required
- Where appropriate, represent our client as Lead Mechanical Engineer at client / project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Attend client/contractor and stakeholder meetings as well as site visits
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements
The ideal Lead Mechanical Engineer:
- Must have previous experience working on data centre projects in the last 5 years
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering. Alternatively equivalent work experience
- Ideally chartered with IMechE, IET, etc. or working towards CEng
- Experience gained working for a UK consultancy or D&B contractor as Lead Mechanical Engineer / Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
- Experience with design of pipe and duct sizing, load calculations, thermal modelling, etc.
- Knowledge of relevant software packages (hevacomp, IES, MS Office, etc.)
- Experience in client facing position is ideal
- Ability to head up a team, helping to mentor juniors as well as interact with teams of other disciplines
- You will need to be based in Birmingham, or willing to lodge
To apply for the position of Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Heather at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.